Modern high performance jet aircrafts equipped with glass cockpits offer a wealth of information to the pilot. To make best use of this equipment and information, the pilot requires a thorough understanding of system interfaces and indications. This course helps pilots that have not yet flown a modern jet aircraft to get acquainted with the installed technology. With the gained knowledge during the course, the pilot is well prepared for the start of a type rating training course.
The bridge course is not required by EASA FCL but is excellent preparation for future airline pilots for the type rating course.
Valid Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL)/Istrument Rating (IR) licence
Upon completion of the bridge course the participant demonstrates necessary know how and skills to commence successful flight instruction in the full-flight simulator.
All modules can be booked separately.
- Module 1: Introduction to jets
- Module 2: Introduction to jets, Flight Management System (FMS), glass cockpits
- Module 3: Introduction to glass cockpits, FMS, Multi Crew Coordination (MCC)
- Module 4A: FMS, ILS approaches, go-arounds (Bridge course with 5 sessions)
- Module 4B: FMS, ILS and non-prec approaches, go-arounds (Bridge course with 4 sessions)
- Module 5: FMS, non-prec approaches, go-arounds
- One module lasts 4 hrs Full-Flight Simulator (FFS) plus briefing and debriefing
- One module a day
Swiss AviationTraining is now
Lufthansa Aviation Training
All services will continue to be scheduled and carried out by us as usual until further notice. As such, training services can still be booked through your usual contact